ati rage 128 pro ultra tf on X4.1.0

Quick question.  From what I can tell, the ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF AGP
video card is not supported by X 4.1.0.  It looks like 4.1 was released
in June of 2001 and this card was not officially supported by the
XFree86 team until July of 2001.  I assume that the 4.2 package supports
this card.

The 4.1 debs are complaining that the device isn't found when I try to
startx X.  Now, I threw the card into a friends Red Hat 7.2 box running
Xfree86 4.1 and it works in that box.

Does anyone have any input about what is going on here?  Did RedHat
backport support for this card into their 4.1 rpms?  Or is something
wrong with what I am doing?

Thanks!
Bryan

--
Bryan K. Walton			 Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation
Junior Systems Administrator			   http://www.weccusa.org/