Re: Fonts-n-things on 4.1/Sid

BM> I looked over the fonts section of the X11 docs

BM>    http://xfree86.org/4.1.0/fonts.html

You mean, some people actually reads the docs?

BM> but I'm unclear if I need to follow those instructions on debian.

Yes.  I don't recall if ttmkfdir is included in Debian, and if so, in
which package, but compiling it is no sweat.

BM> I'm also not clear if I need to or should run a font server,

You don't need to.  Opinions on whether you should do differ; my
personal opinion is that you should not; Branden thinks differently.

If you do decide to run a font server, the XFree86 instructions will
not apply.

BM> If anyone has a favorite HOWTO/guide/tutorial please post the URL.

If you find README.fonts (fonts.html) to be unsatisfactory, please
drop me a note and I'll add whatever it is to the next release.

                                        Juliusz