Fonts-n-things on 4.1/Sid

I'm new to debian and running X11.

I looked over the fonts section of the X11 docs

   http://xfree86.org/4.1.0/fonts.html

but I'm unclear if I need to follow those instructions on debian.  I'd like
to make use of my collection of TrueType fonts.

I'm also not clear if I need to or should run a font server, and if so,
what's involved in setting that up.  I'm running four linux machines, but
only the debian machine is my desktop machine.  Normally I ssh into my
other boxes (although I do have a KVM and I plan to upgrade my other
machines to debian at some point).

If anyone has a favorite HOWTO/guide/tutorial please post the URL.

Oh, one other question.  My video card is suppose to be a GeForce3 Ti-200,
but the probing shows:

~# lspci | grep nVidia
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV15 DDR (GeForce2
GTS) (rev a4)

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org