Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:20:51PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> At a guess, it's probably worthwhile uploading just the X client side of
> X4 for m68k, which should at least mean that if X4 is added to testing
> (woody), the only thing that'll be broken is the X server, rather than
> a thousand otherwise innocent packages...

It seems to work with the following packages installed (don't ask me in
which order to install them, I downgraded from 4.0.2 to 3.3.6 until it
worked):

ii  xfonts-75dpi   3.3.6-2        75 dpi fonts for X
ii  xfonts-base    3.3.6-2        standard fonts for X
ii  xfonts-scalabl 3.3.6-2        scalable fonts for X
ii  xlib6          3.3.6-11potato shared libraries required by libc5 X clients
ii  xserver-common 3.3.6-11potato files and utilities common to all X servers
iF  xserver-fbdev  3.3.6-11potato X server for framebuffer-based graphics driv
ii  libxaw6        4.0.2-1        X Athena widget set library (version 6)
ii  libxaw7        4.0.2-1        X Athena widget set library
ii  xbase-clients  4.0.2-1        miscellaneous X clients
ii  xdm            4.0.2-1        X display manager
ii  xfree86-common 4.0.2-1        X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii  xfs            4.0.2-1        X font server
ii  xlib6g         4.0.2-1        pseudopackage providing X libraries
ii  xlibmesa3      4.0.2-1        XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library
ii  xlibs          4.0.2-1        X Window System client libraries
ii  xnest          4.0.2-1        nested X server
ii  xterm          4.0.2-1        X terminal emulator

As you see xserver-fbdev did not configure properly (but works
nevertheless).

Setting up xserver-fbdev (3.3.6-11potato15) ...
head: error while loading shared libraries: head: undefined symbol: __strtouq_internal
dpkg: error processing xserver-fbdev (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
 xserver-fbdev

No idea which libraries do not want to load, ldd shows no problems. This
might be from the glibc or gcc or whatever update, X is working fine.

So I can upload all but xserver-[common|fbdev] and nobody should get hurt?
Monday.

Christian