Re: xbase-clients 4.1.0-10

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:29:58PM +0100, Eelco Lempsink wrote:
> Er... the problem was solved already... 'rm /etc/X11/xkb/xkbcomp'
> did the trick... maybe it has something to do with that I also
> installed X, but not from .deb packages.

Bingo.

> Anyway, dpkg shouldn't fail, and I think it can savely delete that
> file if it isn't a symlink...

If you weren't upgrading xbase-clients, dpkg wouldn't have removed the
contents of the old file list, because there wasn't one.

However, you could always file a wishlist bug against dpkg.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if