Re: need help with font problem in viewmol (boxes still... :( )

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:21:52PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > (I only really need the ISO10646-1 font for xterm, so I've now got that
> > working properly by putting
> > xterm*font: fixed-utf-8
> > into ~/.xResources).
>
> Well, this isn't ideal, either.
>
> For one thing, if you use uxterm this shouldn't be necessary.

Oh, I didn't know about uxterm.  All the same, though, xterm itself is handy
because it's present in the "User Application list" menu (left click in
Enlightenment), uxterm isn't.  A convenient way of accessing the xterm.  I
suppose the menu can be configured by hand, but I haven't figured out how yet.

> For another, your specification is too broad.
>
> XTerm.vt100.font:     10x20
>
> I'd use a specification like that.

Great!  Thanks :)  I figured it'd be something like that, but I didn't know
the exact reference.

> Finally, the name of the file should be ".Xresources".

OK.

Thanks for the tips.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A