Re: xdmcp and "X terminals"

Hopes this helps:

   $ man Xserver
   XDMCP OPTIONS
	  X servers that support XDMCP have the  following  options.
	  See  the  X Display Manager Control Protocol specification
	  for more information.

	  -query host-name
		  Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the  speci­
		  fied host.

	  -broadcast
		  Enable  XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets
		  to the network.  The first responding display man­
		  ager will be chosen for the session.

   $

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting