Re: xdmcp and "X terminals"

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 11:07:45AM +0200,  wrote:
> I want to set up an old Pentium 120 as an X terminal, to log in remotely
> on my desktop. I have read some documentation, and figured out that one
> of the ?dm packages does the serving, but I cannot figure out what to do
> on the client to make it ask for a login with XDMCP. Can anyone point me
> in the direction of a package or some docs?

Replying to myself, for the others that were wondering, after some help
and some looking around on the web, I noticed there is actually a XDMCP
HOWTO (part of the LDP Howto's, means that all up-to-date woody or sid
Debian installations that have the "Standard" packages will have at
least a plaintext version it, /usr/doc/HOWTO). Since March, it seems.

Hugo van der Merwe