Re: xbase-clients (4.1.0-1)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:25:00AM +0200, 4VIC4L wrote:
> Setting up xbase-clients (4.1.0-1) ...
> ERROR: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit symbolic link does not exist.   Either
> the packa
> ge didn't ship the symbolic link (a bug in  the package), or dpkg
> failed to unpa
> ck it to the filesystem  (a bug in dpkg).
> Please report the package name, version, and the text of the  above
> error messag
> e(s) to <debian-x@lists.debian.org>.

It is easy to determine which of these is the problem.

Does the xbase-clients .deb you downloaded contain
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit?  You can determine this by running "dpkg-deb
--contents" on the .deb.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If God had intended for man to go
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     about naked, we would have been