Re: results using xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v1 on sparc

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> > Was left with both
> >  	InputDevice	"Configured Mouse"
> > 	InputDevice	"Generic Mouse"
> > in XF86Config-4.  That caused crashes.
>
> You don't have /dev/input?

No.  Should I ?  Maybe that's a makedev bug...

So it's normal to have two mice input devices?

> > On starting X server, keyboard seems totally fudged.  All keys
> > remapped to garbage, unable to escape with Ctrl-Alt-Bksp or
> > Ctrl-Alt-F1, had to ssh into the box and kill the window manager
> > manually.
>
> You probably have a type4/type5/type6/whatever keyboard.  I don't yet have
> any debconf templates for XKB configuration.

Oh, duh, of course.

For your info, these are the xkb settings I use in xfree v3, which
work fine:

    XkbRules    "xfree86"
    XkbModel    "sun"
    XkbCompat   "compat/complete"
    XkbTypes    "types/complete"
    XkbKeycodes "sun(type5)"
    XkbGeometry "sun(type5unix)"
    XkbSymbols  "sun/us(sun5)"

Let me know anything I can do to help.  Wish I was an expert debconf
hacker, so I could give you patches...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>