Re: xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v1 for i386 at X Strike Force repository

Great work, Branden.  Thanks a lot.

BR>     + mkfontdir will howl about 3 fonts in xfonts-75dpi.  This is
BR>     an upstream bug and has already been reported.  I don't want
BR>     to hear about it.

Haven't heard about it.  Which fonts are these?

BR>     + [xbase-clients?] new utilities: dpsexec, dpsinfo, [...] texteroids,

I'm wondering about the wisdom of making xbase-clients dependent on
the DPS libraries.

BR>     + [xspecs] most of these files have been renamed because
BR>     upstream rejected my patch to give them IMO more sensible
BR>     names

Does that mean that the X books have different names upstream and in
Debian?  If so, I think it's a very bad idea as it will make telling
people to RTFM horribly awkward.

BR>     - new library; libXmuu, a version of Xmu that does not depend on Xt
BR>       (shared version)

That's not quite accurate.  It's a library that contains only those
symbols from Xmu that have been found to be used by many non-Xt
clients.  It is by no means a replacement for Xmu.

  $ size Xmu/libXmu.so.6.2 Xmuu/libXmuu.so.1.0
    76085    2324     936   79345   135f1 Xmu/libXmu.so.6.2
     7906     912      24    8842    228a Xmuu/libXmuu.so.1.0

While I have your ear, anyone looking into packaging Xvesa?

                                        Juliusz