Re: Help needed, TDFX [Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 23, 2001]

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:17:07AM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Joseph> If you have a 3dfx card, you probably should be using CVS
>     Joseph> DRI, which can be made not too painful (but will uglify
>     Joseph> your XF86Config-4 file a bit..)
>
> Is the same true for Voodoo5?

Most assuredly.  The Radeon is the one that seems to be having trouble.  I
don't think the driver is ready for release yet at least on some hardware.
The DRI people are assuring me that it's just my specific hardware that
has the problems though, so I could be wrong.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<hop> when you start making only stupid mistakes that are obvious, thats
      when you start getting competent
<hop> because you don't make fundamental misunderstanding mistakes
<hop> and thats a *good* sign.