Re: Help needed, TDFX [Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 23, 2001]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:29:12PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >> BugScan reporter <bugscan@debian.org> writes:
>
>  > Package: mesag3-glide2 (debian/main)
>  > Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
>  >   74471  Open GL xscreensavers cause X to hang with 3DFX cards.
>
>  I need help with this bug, I can't test this as I don't have TDFX
>  hardware.

The big question is which X server was he running.

You simply CAN NOT use mesag3-glide2 on a V3 with X4, it won't work.

However a simple conflicts won't work, because you CAN use mesag3-glide2
for a V1 or a V2 with X4, though glide for the V1 is still broken in
sid. (It is an upstream issue, I hope to have time to mess with it soon
though.)

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(The glide maintainer.)

--