Re: BYOX (Build Your Own X) - again

"Charl P. Botha" wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 04:34:50PM -0500, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> > I've just joined this list, but I see a few times in the archives that
> > people have tried to build their own X debs. These threads seem to peter
> > out without any resolution most of the time.
>
> Oh?  They peter out do they?  I seem to recall howtos being posted
> _regularly_ on this issue.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are regular howtos on how to
build the 4.0.2 packages, both on potato and on unstable, but I haven't
seen anything (and admittedly I only checked the Jan and Feb archives)
on how to build debs for as-yet-unreleased versions (eg 4.0.99.1 or the
CVS trunk), despite a couple of threads in which people expressed
interest in it.

Anyway, I got past the bison issue - my problem now is to do with
certain patches which partially applied (especially 400_alpha_support)
and caused the source code to get screwy. I'm now working on a build
without that patch, to see if that works...

Stuart.