Re: S3 ViRGE MX continued

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 01:30:30PM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >   I've but up another version of the MX test driver.  It's at
> > http://www.user1.netcarrier.com/~kbrosius/virge.html as usual.  Let me
> > know if this improves things.  I've removed some initialization added
> > for GX2 and Xv which may be causing the screen corruption you saw with
> > the last test case that partially worked (debug 2).

Hi all,
  I've put another test version of the driver up on the page above.
Robert, Drew, if one of you would run this and post the log I'd
appreciate it.  I doubt it will work any better than the 1.6.4 version
(you don't need to test with any debug options) but it will print out
enough info to tell me where the real problem is.

After testing it, it might be interesting to try the following:  Make
another XF86Config file, changing the Modes line under the Screen
section so it only contains the mode for your LCD screen size.  For
example, Drew, one of your logs shows a LCD size of 800x600; for depth
16, change the Screen section entry:
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes   "800x600"
        EndSubSection
For this case, I'm primarily interested in testing the mode that XFree86
detects in your log, so if the log file indicates something different
than your standard LCD panel size on the following line, let me know.

(--) S3VIRGE(0): LCD size 1024x768, clock 68.988 MHz

(That's a line from Robert's log...)  This last case isn't as important,
but I noticed the MX driver code checks for LCD size to match the first
mode line, and behaves differently based on that case.

--
Kevin