possible libc 2.2.1/xf4.0.2 bug

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 04:34:25PM +0300, Edouard GUIRCH wrote:
> > From: Lysander
> >
> > Hi, I'm running woody, and I've got xfree86 4.0.2-1 installed.. with an nv card
> > Xfree86 Loads, works, and then dies after a short time (30 seconds, I estimate)
>
> In a private letter, I asked Lysander for log files,
> and he responded that X dies from SIGSEGV.
>
> And -- oops -- today my X got the same deadly signal.
> (although it took *much* longer than 30 seconds for X to die;
> I guess, it was working for about 5 hours).
> Recently (yesterday?), I upgraded libc from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (both from woody).
> That was the only recent change, and I guess it is the 'reason'.
>
> (Lysander -- what version of libc do you have?)
>
> --Edward

The same libc 2.2.1 as you ! Now then..

Now the hunt is afoot.

Anyone experienced a similar problem with the same libc version/xf4.0.2-1 mix ? Speak up!

btw, I'm not sure what bug fixing proceedure is: can I help in any way ? I would appear to suffer the problem in the most acute way, so I might be useful for debugging.

ciao

lysander