Re: X 4.0 snapshots

Hello, ...

Just a quick notice about possible 4.0 packaging.

I also tried to package 4.0 some months ago, but 3.9.17 or was it 16
didn't compile on my architecture.

The easiest way of doing things for now, is to package just the Xserver,
and stuff related, in a way compatible to 3.3.6 packaging. It is
possible to use 3.9.x server together with 3.3 other stuff.

And anyway, it is the server that is most important.

My suggestion (see previous mail on it) would be tyo install the server
in /usr/X11R6.4 and to maybe patch the server so it reads
/etc/X11/XF86Config.4 or something such. This way, it would be easy to
have both server installed and running, without problem.

The new packages should be called xserver-4 or something such, and
provide the xserver i think. Have not had time to look at it more, but
you can count me in for anything relative to XFree 4.0 Packaging.

Friendly,

Svne LUTHER