Re: xfree 4.0.2 on powermac 7600

Frederic Seraphine wrote:

> I tried branden robinson's XFree86 4.0.2 packages and it seems to fix all
> the quirks I was suffering on my powermac 7600/132 using the framebuffer
> device. I'm very  glad this works since I can at last use the fbdevhw
> driver.

That's great! Funnily, the only change to the fbdev driver I'm aware of after
4.0.1d was the addition of the "fbdev" option to the manpage...

> However, I suffer a strange problem: the X server dies whenever the screen
> goes in ernergy economy mode wether I desactivate dpms or not.

If the screen goes in powersave mode that sounds like DPMS is in fact active.
How do you try to deactivate it?

> There no much of an error message, no core, no nothing.

There doesn't happen to be some output about FBIOBLANK in the log?

If you'd like to run some debugging modules, tell me and I'll send them to you
privately.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project