Re: [oliver.poths@linsoft.de: XFree86 4.01]

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:48:32PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 10:28:44AM -0700, Joshua Shagam wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:07:31PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > >
> > > No, it doesn't. X depedns on glibc 2.2 (which is not in woody because of
> > > m68k) and it also does not build on all of our supported archs (m68k and
> > > arm).
> >
> > On an x86 system running Woody:
>
> Obviously if you installed this before the "testing" dist was started, you
> will have it installed.

Okay, in this case, pardon my ignorance, but testing dist?  When did this
happen? :) I didn't think Woody was really old enough to warrant getting
ready for a freeze...  This is the first I'd heard of 'sid'.  Actually,
what character in Toy Story is that?

> This is on ftp-master. So, yes, the old woody used to have it (when woody
> was "unstable"), but the new woody doesn't (since it is now "testing").
> "Sid" is not "unstable".

Okay, now I'm just confused. :)

> You are probably looking at "unstable" and assuming it is "woody", when
> now it isn't. Unstable is "sid".

Yeah, that's what was going on. My bad. :)

--
Joshua Shagam                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
joshagam@cs.nmsu.edu           \ / No HTML/RTF in email