Re: Tracking XFree86 CVS on a Potato system

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> The issue is that I want to *litterally* track XFree86 CVS.  I want to
> be able to say ``cvs diff'' when I'm working on XFree86.

Who doesn't? :)

> Unless someone has better ideas, then, I guess I'll install Charl's
> packages and then overwrite them with my own binaries (compiled from a
> checked out CVS source tree).

Sorry if I'm missing anything, but why not do something like this (it's what
I've been using for some time now):

Define ProjectRoot to something other than /usr/X11R6 in your CVS tree's
host.def . That way you can have one or even several local X installations. Or
you can even run directly out of the CVS tree by setting the ModulePath
accordingly.

Of course you still need to have the X packages installed to keep dpkg and
friends happy.

Hope this suggestion is valuable,

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project