Re: Major texturing bugs in G400 DRI driver

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:54:20AM -0600, Thomas E. Vaughan wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:21:15PM -0700, Joshua Shagam wrote:
> >
> > I've completely lost track of where DRI bugs should go, but this seems
> > like the kind of thing which might just be due to something bad in the
> > Debian build anyway.  Basically, texturing on the G400 DRI driver is
> > completely borked up in that it seems that texture coordinates aren't
> > getting to the card properly.  I have some screenshots comparing the G400
> > driver with software Mesa at
> >
> > http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/temp/texture-hw.jpg (G400 driver)
> > http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/temp/texture-sw.jpg (software)
> >
> > Basically, vertices which are a certain distance from the camera and are
> > within the clipping planes seem to get their texture coordinates shoved
> > to 0,0.  As the camera moves around the broken texture coordinates change
> > quite a bit.
> >
> > Has anyone else been having problems like these?  This seems like the
> > sort of thing that the DRI project wouldn't miss noticing before making a
> > release.  Or are the Debian packages still built from CVS?
>
> I have noticed texture-coordinate problems, but I don't know if it's the
> same thing.  What I have noticed is that when a polygon loses a vertex as
> that vertex crosses the edge of the viewport, the polygon to which that
> vertex belongs suddenly has its texture mapped incorrectly.

Yeah, that's probably the same behavior, based on some of the stuff
I've been observing.  The texture used in that screenshot made it hard to
tell, but when I used a checkerboard texture I noticed that it looked more
like texture coordinates were being dropped or something, like you've
observed...  the reason all of the polygons are getting messed up in my
renderer is because everything's sent as strips, and it seems that the
entire strip gets borked.

--
Joshua Shagam                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
joshagam@cs.nmsu.edu           \ / No HTML/RTF in email