Re: Major texturing bugs in G400 DRI driver

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:21:15PM -0700, Joshua Shagam wrote:

> I've completely lost track of where DRI bugs should go, but this seems
> like the kind of thing which might just be due to something bad in the
> Debian build anyway.  Basically, texturing on the G400 DRI driver is
> completely borked up in that it seems that texture coordinates aren't
> getting to the card properly.  I have some screenshots comparing the G400
> driver with software Mesa at
>
> http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/temp/texture-hw.jpg (G400 driver)
> http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/temp/texture-sw.jpg (software)
>
> Basically, vertices which are a certain distance from the camera and are
> within the clipping planes seem to get their texture coordinates shoved
> to 0,0.  As the camera moves around the broken texture coordinates change
> quite a bit.
>
> Has anyone else been having problems like these?  This seems like the
> sort of thing that the DRI project wouldn't miss noticing before making a
> release.  Or are the Debian packages still built from CVS?

I have noticed texture-coordinate problems, but I don't know if it's the
same thing.  What I have noticed is that when a polygon loses a vertex as
that vertex crosses the edge of the viewport, the polygon to which that
vertex belongs suddenly has its texture mapped incorrectly.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA