Re: Prepackaged indirected X terminal

What, is it this problem you are trying to solve:

  #!/bin/sh
  h=$1  # hostname
  scp $h:.Xauthority . || xhost +$h
  while /bin/true
  do
    X -query $h
  done

Your

> - remote: the server is local and management is remote

line is the same as your "foreign" or "xdmcp" line from what
I can see.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  70 511 97 84                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting