Re: Prepackaged indirected X terminal

From: Karl Hammar <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se>
> $ man Xserver | sed -n -e '288,340p'

Yes, I know.

From: Alexander Perry <arp11@pacbell.net>
> [...]
> I can do it by disabling it in xdm and putting a line in the
> inittab, but the authentication stuff is a pain and I'm
> assuming there must be a better way of setting it all up.

xdm (for example) supports
- foreign: the server is remote and we need to kick it
- xdmcp: the server is remote and it will come to us

I was wondering whether there was a way to request
- remote: the server is local and management is remote
I'd like xdm to deal with monitoring and restarting the
server, yet not try to take control of that display.

Alex.