Re: Prepackaged indirected X terminal

Have you tried one of

  $ X -query otherhost
  $ X -broadcast
  $ X -indirect otherhost

or

  $ man Xserver | sed -n -e '288,340p'
  XDMCP OPTIONS
	 X servers that support XDMCP have the  following  options.
	 See  the  X Display Manager Control Protocol specification
	 for more information.

	 -query host-name
		 Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the  speci­
		 fied host.

	 -broadcast
		 Enable  XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets
		 to the network.  The first responding display man­
		 ager will be chosen for the session.

	 -indirect host-name
		 Enable XDMCP and send IndirectQuery packets to the
		 specified host.

	 -port port-num
		 Use an alternate port number  for  XDMCP  packets.
		 Must be specified before any -query, -broadcast or
		 -indirect options.

	 -class display-class
		 XDMCP has an additional display qualifier used  in
		 resource   lookup  for  display-specific  options.
		 This option sets that  value,  by  default  it  is
		 "MIT-Unspecified" (not a very useful value).

	 -cookie xdm-auth-bits
		 When  testing  XDM-AUTHENTICATION-1, a private key
		 is shared between  the  server  and  the  manager.
		 This  option  sets  the value of that private data
		 (not that it is very private, being on the command
		 line!).

  X Version 11               Release 6.3                          5

  XSERVER(1)                                             XSERVER(1)

	 -displayID display-id
		 Yet  another XDMCP specific value, this one allows
		 the display manager to identify  each  display  so
		 that it can locate the shared key.
  $

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  70 511 97 84                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting