[kix@thekix.com: Error in XKB]

----- Forwarded message from Rodolfo García <kix@thekix.com> -----

From: Rodolfo García <kix@thekix.com>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: Error in XKB
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:56:59 +0100

His Braden, your work in X is very very good, but I have a problem, look it:

# startx
(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "PS/2"
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(==) Mouse0: Buttons: 3
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

Well, we don't have XKB and then I don't have some keys as # @ | and \ in the rxvt, xterm and other console emulators (I think).

I look in a old version (3.3.6) of X and look it:

andromeda:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb# ls
compat      geometry      keycodes.dir  rules      symbols.dir  xkbcomp
compat.dir  geometry.dir  keymap        semantics  types
compiled    keycodes      keymap.dir    symbols    types.dir

And in the new Version 4.0.1-7:

perseo:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb# ls
compat    geometry  keymap  semantics  types
compiled  keycodes  rules   symbols    xkbcomp

It is normal? where are the .dir files?

Thanks.

PD. If it is normal, then why I don't have this keys in the terminal emulators??

--
___ __  __  __
| |/ / / /\/ /  Rodolfo García Peñas
| / / / /\  /   http://www.thekix.com
| \ \/ / /  \   kix@thekix.com
| |\ \/ / /\ \  kix@hispalinux.es
                       - - -
Register Linux User 62951. Debian woody Kernel 2.4.0-test8
... Pensamos demasiado y sentimos muy poco ...
                         Charlie Chaplin, 1940

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Murphy's Guide to Science:
Debian GNU/Linux               |    If it's green or squirms, it's biology.