another xserver-xfree86 install question

Like others, I ran into the xserver-xfree86 problems of the last few days.  When I upgraded from 4.0.1-5 to 4.0.1-6 yesterday morning, I had the same problems that have been mentioned on this list.  This morning, I upgraded to 4.0.1-7.  While I am not having problems starting X (I created the symlink yesterday based on the advice of others), I still am having trouble with the postinst script.  Both yesterday and today it spits out:

Setting up xserver-xfree86 (4.0.1-7) ...
sh: -c: line1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'`
sh: -c: line2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
dpkg: error processinf xserver-xfree86 (--configure):
 subprocess post-intstallation script returned error exit status 128
 xserver-xfree86

Again, it doesn't interfere with my running X.  However, just wondering if this is something that others are still experiencing with 4.0.1-7, or is it just me?  Will 4.0.1-8 possibly fix this?  Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bryan