[giuliano@ronchiato.it: X 4.0.1-6: problems]

----- Forwarded message from Giuliano Grandin <giuliano@ronchiato.it> -----

From: Giuliano Grandin <giuliano@ronchiato.it>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: X 4.0.1-6: problems
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:28:48 +0100

Dear Mr. Branden, I'm Giuliano Grandin and I write from Italy.

I have three problemss.

1.
I have just downloaded Xfree 4.0.1-6, but at the end of the process of
upgrading from 4.0.1-5, I got an error message and couldn't go on in any
way.

The message said that there was an error in the post-installation script
of xserver-xfree86, the code number is 1 (one).

Neither `dpkg --configure --pending', nor `apt-get -f install' could
resolve the situation.

2.
All the versions of XFree 4 gave me a message, and I can't use the keys
of the italian keyboard obtained by pressing <ALT-Gr> and another key
(for the at-sign for emails, for example).
This is the message:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Error:            Can't find file "xfree86" for keycodes include
>                   Exiting
>                   Abandoning keycodes file "default"
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

3.
xf86cfg hangs when I use it: if I use <CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE> I can exit
it.

Can you give me some help, please? Some docs to read?

tia
Giuliano Grandin

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      "I came, I saw, she conquered."  The
Debian GNU/Linux               |      original Latin seems to have been