Re: X hangs console since upgrade

* Robert Braddock <stormwarden@bigfoot.com> [001114 20:40]:
>    http://www.concordant-thought.com/personal/robert/relay//x-troubles

Robert, I have a few suggestions; I do not expect any of them to
actually work, but what they hey, rebooting fixes machines more often
than we care to admit. :)

Ok, first, try uncommenting the misc fontpath -- many programs require
fonts found in misc, I think, and maybe this will fix the problem.

Second idea -- try setting your mouse protocol to something specific.

Third idea -- try removing the gamma and dpms options from your monitor.

Fourth idea -- try one or the other of SWcursor or HWcursor.

Fifth idea -- try uncommenting PciRetry.

Sixth idea -- try uncommenting MGASDRAM.

Seventh idea -- try uncommenting Overlay.

Eighth idea -- try uncommenting SetMclk.

Ninth idea -- do you really have four megs of RAM on this board?

Tenth idea -- the log file mentions the machine hasn't mtrr support.
Perhaps this needs to be enabled in your kernel?

As I said, none of them are great. But hopefully one (or more :) of them
will do the job. :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''