Re: voodoo3 libgl error in woody xf4

> Greetings,
>
> i have recently installed the woody xf4 debs my system with a voodoo3
> card and things are working fine, except for opengl acceleration.
>
> my kernel: 2.4.0-test10 w/ tdfx compiled into the kernel (and agppart
> enabled)
> vid card: voodoo3 2000 agp
> mobo: asus a7v

I was hoping that some one else would respond with a better answer then
this, but since no one has, I will let you know what I have done to get
my voodoo3 xf4 and kernel-2.4.0 to work.  At the linux.3dfx.com site
they have three binary rpms for OpenGL API , tdfx-dri, tdfx-drm, and
glide-v3-dri.  The tdfx-drm you have included in your kernel so you will
not need this, but you have to install the other two.
Install alien to convert the two rpm packages into debs.  The
glide-v3-dri installed on my system without any trouble, the tdfx-dri
directly conflics with the xserver-xfree86.  This is why it is not a
great solutions, but it works.  Install the tdfx-dri over the
xserver-xfree86 deb.  Use dpkg --force-overwrite -i tdfx-dri.deb.  You
will have to overwite the xserver-xfree86 every time up upgrade it.

I use voodoo3 xf4 and linux-2.4.0 w/ voodoo3.  This method works for me;
I hope it will help.

http://linux.3dfx.com/open_source/download/voodoo3_banshee_dri.htm

james