Re: missing font?

:-> "Seth" == Seth Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

    >> I DON'T HAVE MKFONTDIR !!!!

    > Do you have xutils installed?

bingo! that was the missing package....
the problem is that selecting task-x-window-system marks half of the
software I have to be deleted, so I had to manually go over the whole
process, probably forgetting some more pieces other than xutils.

    >> There is something wrong in the man package too, the apropos database
    >> was not created....

    > Yup. Unstable fun. :) You can try running it yourself via
    > /etc/cron.daily/man-db.

I'm going to file a wishlist bug against man-db: when updating the
package, /etc/cron.weekly/man-db should be fired up, because that is
where the apropos/whatis database is generated

Thanks for your help

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.0-test9 #1 Wed Oct 4 11:51:25 CEST 2000 i686 unknown