HTML version of man pages?

[Please send followups to this message only to one mailing list, I
 suggest debian-devel]

After upgrading to XFree86 4.0.1 I noticed that imake tries to create
and install HTML versions of all man pages now.

Is this behavior intended or is it a bug or misconfiguration of imake?
It's easy to stop it by adding a line like

#define BuildHtmlManPages NO

to one of the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/*.def files, but none of these
files is a conffile (but maybe should be?).  Except this a local
change of one of these files would create different packages on
autobuilder systems, where these files are unchanged.

Another problem with this is, that creation of the HTML version of the
man pages needs rman to be installed, so all packages using imake have
to Build-Depend on rman now?

IMHO the HTML version of a groff man page can be created on the fly,
if some user prefers this, so it doesn't make much sense to create
them at build time and ship them with every package.  So I suggest
changing the xlibs-dev package to add

#define BuildHtmlManPages NO

to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/site.def.

Tschoeeee