Re: missing font?

:-> "Seth" == Seth Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

    > * Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@penny.ik5pvx.ampr.org> [001108 00:32]:
    >> Fatal server error:
    >> could not open default cursor font 'cursor'

    > It looks like two different packages supply a 'cursor' font --
    > xfonts-base and xfonts-scalable. Ensure to run 'mkfontdir' in all your
    > font directories. (Located under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.) Ensure also
    > your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file has fontpaths listed for all the font
    > directories you do have.

There is something definitely wrong in my system after yesterday's
update:

I DON'T HAVE MKFONTDIR !!!!

sigh! :-(

There is something wrong in the man package too, the apropos database
was not created....

Ahhhh, I love unstable life!

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.0-test9 #1 Wed Oct 4 11:51:25 CEST 2000 i686 unknown