Re: X3.6/4 (woody) ct-Driver lockups

* Dan Christensen <jdc@julian.uwo.ca> [001107 09:39]:
> My machine also freezes completely when I try the new X.  I have the
> same card, the CT65555, in my Transmonde laptop, and the machine dies
> when I run startx or "/etc/init.d/xdm start".

Several people have reported that having a fontserver listed in their
XF86Config-4 files (such as "unix:/7100" (or is it "unix/:7100"?))
causes X to hang, crash, or both. (I forget which combinations people
have seen.)

Try removing the reference to a font server (or install a font server :)
from your XF86Config-4 file.

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''