Re: screen size

* Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@penny.ik5pvx.ampr.org> [001107 09:45]:
> Is there a way to force this setting or alternatively the DPI setting?

DPI can be changed (at least in some fashion) by changing
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc, or by passing arguments to the server via
"startx -- -dpi ..." startx(1), xinit(1), Xserver(1), XFree86(1) have
information on possible arguments that can be passed.

As for size, the only mention I found is that it queries the hardware
for this information. I don't think you can over-ride that directly,
only through the DPI setting.

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''