Re: missing joystick_drv.o

Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:57:27AM -0600, Derek Witt wrote:
> > Aye, I noticed that too. If I tried enabling that option in the host.def,
> > it complains about missing MAGIC_INIT. Problem being that I have
> > /usr/include/linux/include/joystick.h which doesn't include that option.
> >
> > I'll snoop around the source looking for that stinker.  BTW, I'm still
> > trying to build optimized X for K6-x (and with patched s3virge). I'll let
> > ya know how that goes.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could track it down.  I'll be happy to turn this
> on once we can get it building.

i looked a little bit deeper at it:
MAGIC_DONE was used for the Xfree86 Module Loader, but it seems
that the API of the loader had changed and not all files were updated
yet,
i.e: input/acecad/xf86AceCad.c, os-support/linux/lnx_jstk.c
and os-support/bsd/bsd_jstk.c are the only files with MAGIC_DONE.

so it is broken upstream.. :(

--
Jens H.