Re: Big fonts with KDE and X4v30

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:44:40PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with fonts in KDE apps in X4v30?  I
> just upgraded to the v30 X packages and the fonts in all KDE apps are
> roughly 33% larger than they should be.  For example, I have to choose
> an 18 pt font under KDE to get what is really a 24 pt font.  I've
> tried wiping out my .kde directory, using the 75 dpi fonts instead of
> the 100 dpi fonts, using the libGLU from the mesag3 package instead of
> the new one from the xlibmesa3 package and using the nv driver instead
> of the nvidia driver and the problem persists.

In an effort to impose some kind of consistency in the X font world, I have
made X's default dpi preference 100.

There are two conffiles that can be edited to change this:

/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc		affects xinit and startx
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers			affects xdm

You may also want to reorder the FontPaths in Dexter-generated XF86Config
files, if you have any.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Communism is just one step on the long
Debian GNU/Linux                |    road from capitalism to capitalism.