Re: x-terminal-emulator

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:16:01PM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> I'd like to add a menu entry for a command that needs a terminal
> emulator. Can I rely on x-terminal-emulator understanding -e? How
> about -T? Is this codified somewhere?

Your question is wonderfully on-charter for the debian-x list, and would be
a nice change of pace from all the "WHUREZ AL THE 4!0.1 DEBZ DUDE??1??!"
messages.

The answer, unfortunately, is presently unknown.  If I were to mandate any
supported command-line options, it would be those two.

Can someone help me establish whether the existing X terminal emulators in
Debian do in fact support all those options?  If so, then it should be
straightforward to make this requirement part of policy.

To try to answer your question, my guess is that most, but not all,
terminal emulators support these flags.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The first thing the communists do when
Debian GNU/Linux                |    they take over a country is to outlaw