Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:59:49PM -0700, Chris Hanlon wrote:
> DEXTER
> ------
> Dexter wouldn't run as /etc/X11/dexter-tmp didn't exist.  This stoped
> phase2v14 xserver-xfree86 debs from installing.

This is fixed in v15, available now.

> Dexter wouldn't detect my mouse (I with gpm on and gpm off, I tried linking
> /dev/mouse to both /dev/gpmdata and /dev/psaux ie. ln -sf /dev/psaux
> /dev/mouse.

What do you mean it wouldn't "detect" your mouse?  It doesn't try.  (It
uses a program called mdetect to do so, if that program is present.)

mdetect is something we're using at Progeny and which I plan to package for
Debian once I've got it un-automade.

> Dexter doesn't list any refresh rates between 60 and 85 for the resolution
> 1280x1024 (I use 79 (75 will do but 60 is yukky and 85 doesn't work)).

These are example modes.  If you're unhappy with the selection I suggest
getting the monitor data and using expert mode.

> Is anyone else having similar mouse problems?  Does anyone have a similar
> mouse working corectly

Yes, on my box at home:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Logitech Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol"      "MouseManPlusPS/2"
    Option      "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

--
G. Branden Robinson             |       What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                |       reading the Bible cover to cover.