Re: permissions on /tmp/.X11-unix
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: permissions on /tmp/.X11-unix
- From: Christian Hammers <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:49:34 +0200
- Message-id: <20000802094934.A655@westend.com>
- In-reply-to: <20000802085240.A8293@ysabell>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:52:40AM +0200
- References: <20000801150515.A1166@lathspell> <20000802085240.A8293@ysabell>
On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:52:40AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> debs". These debs are for testing purposes and uncovering bugs.
> Braden gets mightly pissed off (and rightly so) if he gets duplicate
> or it's-already-fixed kind of reports, which is the case now.
Err, these were just one day old and I mailed to this list and did not
file a bug report *because* I knew that these are testing debs and I
wanted to help *testing* as I do not know how many bleding edge X users
use the Gnome display manager instead of the xdm, too.
So he should not get pissed of :-)
Or is there another discussion forum for new X debs?
> Solution in the short run: chmod g+s /usr/X11R6/bin/X
Christian Hammers WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren Tel 0241/701333-0
email@example.com Internet & Security for Professionals Fax 0241/911879
WESTEND ist CISCO Systems Partner - Premium Certified