Re: permissions on /tmp/.X11-unix

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:52:40AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  debs".  These debs are for testing purposes and uncovering bugs.
>  Braden gets mightly pissed off (and rightly so) if he gets duplicate
>  or it's-already-fixed kind of reports, which is the case now.
Err, these were just one day old and I mailed to this list and did not
file a bug report *because* I knew that these are testing debs and I
wanted to help *testing* as I do not know how many bleding edge X users
use the Gnome display manager instead of the xdm, too.
So he should not get pissed of :-)

Or is there another discussion forum for new X debs?

>  Solution in the short run: chmod g+s /usr/X11R6/bin/X
thanks.

>                                       Marcelo
bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879