Re: no window manager, no x-terminal, after installing task-gnome

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 12:55:38PM -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I noticed that /etc/X11/twm/system.twmrc didn't exist, and further,
> that the `menu' package wasn't installed.  I installed `menu' by hand,
> and it created system.twmrc; after that, twm works as Branden describes.
>
> So I guess somebody failed to install the `menu' package.

I am making twm recommend: menu, as it is conceivable that someone would
want to operate twm without the Debian menu support, and it is usable
without it (if less friendly).

It might even be a good idea for all window managers to recommend menu if
they need it to create their rc file (as twm, ctwm, and vtwm do), and
suggest menu if they don't, but can use the Debian menu system.

I may make a policy proposal about this shortly.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Never attribute to malice that which can