debhelper and dh_installwm

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 07:54:22PM -0000, Joey Hess wrote:
> Changes:
>  debhelper (2.0.89) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Patch from Jorgen `forcer' Schaefer <forcer at mindless.com> (much
>      modified)to make dh_installwm use new window manager registration method,
>      update-alternatives. Closes: #52156, #34684 (latter bug is obsolete)
[...]
>    * dh_installwm now behaves like a proper debhelper command, and reads
>      debian/<package>.wm too. This is a small behavior change; filenames
>      specified on the command line no longer apply to all packages it acts
>      on. I can't belive this program existed for 2 years with such a glaring
>      problem; I guess most people don't need ot register 5 wm's in 3
>      sub-packages. Anyway, it can handle such things now. :-)

It might be worthwhile to make a debhelper release for frozen with these
patches, seeing as I have completely removed support for
/etc/X11/window-managers and the register-window-manager command.

OTOH, there may be only a couple of WM's left that haven't made the
transition (asclassic hadn't, but a recent upload should have fixed that).

Your call.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     If a man ate a pound of pasta and a
Debian GNU/Linux               |     pound of antipasto, would they cancel