Re: Website correction

On Tue, 2022-07-19 at 11:35 +0000, Mobius wrote:

> I was reading the website about how I can help contribute and found a
> spelling error.
> The word "improving" should be "improve".

I have committed this change, crediting you as the author.
The change will be on the website after the next rebuild.

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/88abb1b9877d21be5e733ea7c3cdd5b1c04c17a8

> I don't know how to program, but I would like to possibly help
> contribute with proofreading and documentation.

Contributing to Debian documentation is a great way to start in Debian.
We have a lot of documentation that needs help. The website and the
wiki are the primary stores of documentation. There are also lots of
self-contained manuals and guides.

https://www.debian.org/intro/help#documenting
https://www.debian.org/doc/

The Debian Documentation Team are the primary team for discussion and
maintenance of Debian documentation, please join their mailing list:

https://www.debian.org/doc/ddp
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DDP

For the wiki, feel free to read our guide for wiki editors, register an
account and edit pages as you see fit. I've pre-approved your email for
an account.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/EditorGuide

For a guide about contributing to the website, please see these pages:

https://www.debian.org/devel/website/

You'll need a Salsa account to send merge requests, or you could send
git patches to the Debian bug tracker or this mailing list.

https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-format-patch
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-send-email
https://git-send-email.io/

You might also like to join the debian-l10n-english mailing list to
help people write grammatically correct English.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/

PS: in case you are interested in paid work on documentation for open
source projects, take a look at Google Season of Docs:

https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/

> I'm running Debian on my Raspberry Pi 4 and absolutely love it.

The Debian RPi team would welcome help with building and testing the
images that they are producing:

https://raspi.debian.net/

> I'm also currently running Debian 11 Bullseye and taking the
> Introduction to Linux course from The Linux Foundation, so I am
> comfortable with much of the terminology and the operating system in
> general. Please let me know if this is a possibility.

You may also enjoy helping other people use Debian:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help#usersupport
https://www.debian.org/support

--
bye,