Re: Odd link behavior from https://manpages.debian.org/buster/apt/apt-cdrom.8.en.html

On 13/06/2021 12:59, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Although I've had a home computer for over 40 years I've had no contact
> with developer tools. What would be the appropriate question to ask on
> the SeaMonkey mailing list?

You could ask if there is developer tool or if there is an add-on to do
it (like the Firebug add-on for Firefox in the past).

>> If there
>> are no tools, perhaps use Wireshark to figure out where the browser is
>> trying to connect to.
>>

> Is Wireshark an appropriate tool for a newbie user who doesn't see much
> network analysis in the future?
> [https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ is not encouraging.]

IMO, there is easier steps to start than Wireshark.

When you will get this error again, you could try another browser (like
Firefox or Chromium) to find where the problem is:

 - If the problem occurs in them, use the developer tools included the
Firefox or Chromium (cf. previous message from Paul Wise). The 'network'
tab shows send requests and responses.
 - If not, the problem could be in SeaMonkey or in unreliable network
(can you at the same time `ping manpages.debian.org`? or 'wget --verbose
one-of-the-faulty-link'?).

If the problem is only in SeaMonkey and the network is correct,
contacting the SeaMonkey developers is probably a better option than
debian-www.

--
Stéphane