Re: RFA: www.debian.org/doc/books

Hi!

El 25/3/19 a las 3:02, der.hans escribió:
> Am 22. Mar, 2019 schwätzte Laura Arjona Reina so:
>
> moin moin Laura,
>
> I went through the first half of the list.

Great, thanks!

> I have contacted a few of the authors to verify updated information.
>
> Can we somewhat easily add fields? I think it would be nice to add debian
> release and ISBN.

It's doable.

We define the fields in this file:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/doc/books.def

for example, a new tag ISBN would be:

<define-tag author>
</define-tag>

Then, the tag is used in each entry in the books.data file:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/doc/books.data

It the above case, it would be:

<ISBN 999-999-999>

(no need to add the field to every book entry right now, it's ok if some
of them have it and others not).

I'm happy to review and accept Salsa merge requests or patches with your
changes to those files to get the fields you need added. If it's too
much and you'd prefer that other person add the fields, just tell and
I'll do it. If you want to do it yourself but need a bit of help, you
can contact me off-list and I'll provide more detailed steps.

Kind regards,

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona