Re: A directory tree of www.debian.org/doc/ ?

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hello Richard
>
> El 02/03/18 a las 15:19, Richard Owlett escribió:
> > By a convoluted set of links, I arrived at

Well please be specific.

> > <www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt>

The current point of referral should be coming from:

 https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#s-virtual-pkg

> > That page did not have the specific details I wanted.

What were you looking?

> However its format
> > suggested how to organize some data I already had. I went up a level to
> > <www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/>

Agh.... That is old deprecated document whose real content is now the
Debian pOlicy.  Only data files such as virtual-package-names-list.txt
still lives there as I understand.

> > Unfortunately clicking on "Parent Directory" led me to a HTML document,
> > not a list of sister directories of <.../packaging-manuals>.

Yah... Please read
 https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy
 https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#s-virtual-pkg

> > When I started this post I was thinking "Debian bibliography". But that
> > has inappropriate connotations for my goal.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> > TIA

I hope this helps.

Adding README file in www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/ pointing
people like him to https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy may be a
good idea.  Whoever have write access to www-master or something
pertinent ... please do something.

TIA.

Osamu