Re: A directory tree of www.debian.org/doc/ ?

On 03/10/2018 06:09 AM, Osamu Aoki wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
Hello Richard

El 02/03/18 a las 15:19, Richard Owlett escribió:
By a convoluted set of links, I arrived at

Well please be specific.

<www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt>

The current point of referral should be coming from:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#s-virtual-pkg
That page did not have the specific details I wanted.

What were you looking?

However its format
suggested how to organize some data I already had. I went up a level to
<www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/>

Agh.... That is old deprecated document whose real content is now the
Debian pOlicy.  Only data files such as virtual-package-names-list.txt
still lives there as I understand.

Unfortunately clicking on "Parent Directory" led me to a HTML document,
not a list of sister directories of <.../packaging-manuals>.

Yah... Please read
  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy
  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#s-virtual-pkg

When I started this post I was thinking "Debian bibliography". But that
has inappropriate connotations for my goal.

Suggestions?
TIA

I hope this helps.

Adding README file in www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/ pointing
people like him to https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy may be a
good idea.  Whoever have write access to www-master or something
pertinent ... please do something.

TIA.

Osamu

Thank you.
I had asked in another forum [can't recall which].
I was told that in the general case what I wanted could not be done as many pages a generated dynamically. Therefore I dropped the issue.

Laura's reply is apparently locally misfiled due to a filtering error.
I found in a backup directory as result of an unrelated search.

I'll follow up on the links as show help me ask better questions in future.