Re: Missing Content on debian.org

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Stéphane Blondon wrote:

> What are the ideas included in the future derivatives page?

Adrian has given a good instructions to me about this at DebConf15 and
Laura was going to help implement them but nothing happened yet. I've
attached the mail I sent her about that.

A couple of other links related to this:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2014/05/msg00063.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2016/02/msg00082.html

> Is it ok to remove the words 'if you find inaccurate data, want to
> contribute information or add a distribution not listed here please contact
> us' in https://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros.html? It's a waste of
> time for everyone to ask people to contact us if we will not use their
> input. We could suggest to update the wiki instead.

That sounds good, but as I wrote in the second link above:

Please do not just blindly add derivatives to the census, instead,
invite people from the derivative to join the census themselves. If
derivatives don't have the impetus to join the derivatives census we
should not force them to do so.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#invite

--
bye,