Re: Outreach event: ready to welcome new contributions on May 13-14?

Hi

El 17/02/17 a las 14:14, intrigeri escribió:
> Hi!
>
> With a bunch of Tails & Debian people, I'm organizing a Debian event
> in Paris on May 13-14. One of the goals is to reach out to people with
> various skills that are underrepresented in Debian currently, and get
> them to do useful things in Debian. For details, see the (draft)
> announcement:
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/05/fr/Paris/Announcement
>
> Juliette Belin (Cc'ed) will host a station about design and graphics,
> whose scope includes e.g. the Debian websites.
>
> One key aspect, when onboarding new contributors, is to have a short
> feedback and integration loop: ideally, a few of their first small
> contributions would be accepted and applied to our production systems
> during the week-end.
>
> Hence our question: are some of you ready to be somewhat available
> during that week-end (either at the event itself or remotely on IRC)
> to help welcome new contributors and promptly review their
> first contributions?

I'll do my best to be available, at least remotely. My timezone is the
same as Paris so I hope to be available most of the time.

> Also, is the team's web page (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster)
> up-to-date enough wrt. tools, onboarding processes, the TODO sub-page,
> and most importantly the list of easy tasks for newcomers?

I'll put work in updating those pages for the time of the event.

Thanks for organising this!

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina