Re: Outreach event: ready to welcome new contributions on May 13-14?

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 9:14 PM, intrigeri wrote:

> One key aspect, when onboarding new contributors, is to have a short
> feedback and integration loop: ideally, a few of their first small
> contributions would be accepted and applied to our production systems
> during the week-end.
>
> Hence our question: are some of you ready to be somewhat available
> during that week-end (either at the event itself or remotely on IRC)
> to help welcome new contributors and promptly review their
> first contributions?

I can try, but my timezone won't make that easy.
If the new folks can submit bugs, that would help.

> Also, is the team's web page (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster)
> up-to-date enough wrt. tools, onboarding processes, the TODO sub-page,
> and most importantly the list of easy tasks for newcomers?

Right now, that page is definitely not up to date.

The hostnames for each service were wrong, I've removed those and httpsified.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster?action=diff&rev2=43&rev1=41

The task list includes several bugs that already have patches on them.

The TODO sub-page was missing a link to the other todo list on the website:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/TODO?action=diff&rev1=44&rev2=45

Both of the two TODO lists (on the website/wiki) are likely to be
partially out of date.

--
bye,
pabs